Tyler Cage Fund
We recently added a new way to give to the Tyler Cage fund through Tithe.ly. This can be done from the Giving page on this website and choosing the Tyler Cage fund:
Or can be done with the following button:
Do you have a Bible question, favorite scripture, character, or topic we need to study in sermon form? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Send a message to email@example.com.
We plan on resuming in-person worship this coming Sunday, with a few updated guidelines, summarized below:
- Those who are showing ANY symptoms (cough, fever, "allergies," etc.), and those who are at risk (due to age or medical concerns) should stay home.
- To allow for recommended distancing, worship assemblies will be limited to 25% of capacity (25 people); therefore, we will have two worship services and no Sunday classes.
- To attend one of the two services (at 9 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.), members must reserve a spot by using our "Signup Genius" account (details have been emailed to all members). If you are a guest, please contact us to reserve a spot.
- Each service will be shortened and carefuly planned with the goal of limiting exposure (sermon, prayer, Lord's Supper, and one song).
- Doors and windows will be open, so bundle up if necessary.
- Social distancing (6 feet), hand-washing, hand sanitizer, and the use of masks is required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Please bring the elements for the Lord's Supper from home. A limited number of commercially-packaged elements are available upon request.
- Pews will be taped off to allow adequate space between worshipers.
- The service will be live-stramed downstairs and online (contact us to be emailed a link).
- Offerings can be made online (under "Get in Touch" on the website) or mailed to P.O. Box 8637; Madison, WI 53708.
- After the closing song, we will disperse outside as quickly as possible. When the song is over, leave. Any socializing must be done outside the building, masked, and at a safe distance.
- No assemblies will take place inside the building except for Lord's Day worship or by elder (plural) approval.
We added online giving to this website! You can now give through Tithe.ly on the new Giving page.
Let us know if you have any questions or comments
While we will not be able to meet together as a church until further notice, we would encourage our members to try to participate in the private livestream at 10:30 every Sunday morning. Those without internet access have been given a phone number they can call that enables them to listen in on the livestream. We will try to email a link to the YouTube video for the benefit of those who do not have Facebook. We will also try to continue hosting an online class in the private livestream group every Wednesday at 7 p.m. We are new to some of this, and your understanding, encouragement, and suggestions for improvements are always welcome.
In addition to joining us online for a Bible lesson on Sunday morning, we would also encourage everyone to actually worship at home if at all possible. As you know, Biblical and God-pleasing worship is very simple - we sing (Ephesians 5:19), we pray (1 Corinthians 14:15-16), we give (1 Corinthians 16:1-2), we study (1 Thessalonians 2:13), and we partake of the Lord's Supper (1 Corinthians 11:23-28). We've posted a communion bread recipe online (from my grandmother) and in the bulletin (from Ruth C).
Concerning giving, we are working on an online option, but in the meantime, Stuart has encouraged us to send our checks to the church's mailing address, which he will check regularly:
FOUR LAKES CHURCH OF CHRIST
PO BOX 8637
MADISON WI 53708-8637
As has been mentioned previously, one good option is PTP365, an online streaming service that is now being offered free for a limited time: https://free365.
We would also encourage you to consider the Bible correspondence courses we have available on our website. All of them are printable, and the course on James has actually been set up as an online quiz. All of these are available under the "Get In Touch" tab on our website: www.fourlakescoc.org.
If you're looking for a songbook, the Paperless Hymnal has around 70 songs available at no charge on their website: https://
And finally, let's stay in touch! Our online directory is a powerful resource for finding each other's contact information. Please let us know if there is some way we can serve you. Do you need anything? I've heard some great things from our church family this week (from TP drop-offs, to prescription co-pays being covered, to many calls and messages of encouragement, and so on). Let's keep it up!
Wednesday Classes Canceled
Unfortunately, due to current events, we will not be meeting for our regularly scheduled Bible classes this Wednesday evening (March 18). We hope you are staying well, and we will be in touch concerning any possible plans for this coming Lord's Day.
New Study of Hebrews (SPRING 2020)
You are invited to join us at 9:30 every Sunday morning for a study of Hebrews (March - May 2020)!
Bible Study lessons are available for download!
If you're a fan of our Bible Study by Mail program or just looking for Bible lessons, we have uploaded all of our Bible Study by Mail files to the website! You can find them on the new Bible Study Files page under the Get In Touch Menu.
There are blank versions and versions with answers so you can check your work!
We've also made available the bible lesson on James as an online series of quizzes. You can find them on the James Quizzes page. These will give you the same questions from the Bible Study files, but will also give you an automatic score when you are finished! James is the only bible study we have adapted to an online quiz for now. But if it becomes popular, then we will look into adapting the rest as well.
Let us know if you have any questions or feedback on this!